Faz is a Problem Solver
Whether it’s pain, performance or chronic illness, He has a number of assessments and tools that can help. Focusing on Oral Posture issues that can cause TMJ pain, clenching and grinding, poor breathing and digestion and unrestful sleep, he uses a a comprehensive assessment and treatment protocol to gain the best results for his patients.
Faz is a Registered Massage Therapist through the Sutherland-Chan School from which he earned the honor of School Valedictorian. He holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Carleton University, and is currently in the process of completing a bachelor of Health Science with Thompson Rivers University. He has received Contemporary Medical Acupuncture training from McMaster University, is certified by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario and is a Member of the Registered Massage Therapists of Ontario.
POWER OF TREATMENT IN ACTION
Faz’s own health challenges lead him to his chosen field as a registered massage therapist. Suffering from the daily tension headaches and migraines brought him for ten years, he learned the proper health approach is a holistic one which includes a direct look at the underlying causes to his migraines. He carries this experience into his own practice knowing the power therapeutic massage since his own headache problems are now completely resolved.
GOTTA BE IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL
A typical client for Faz is anybody with an open mind and a problem they can’t solve through traditional means. His patients must value long term gain over momentary satisfaction since we all know that a quick fix is only temporary. Beyond the immediate gratification offered by over-the-counter medications or anti-inflammatories, Faz wants to offer you a lasting treatment that provides more than just a cover up to symptoms.
His approach? It’s a functional neurology approach based on 10 years of continuous learning and experience. He treatments are focused and fairly interactive. He says, “You don’t just get to jump on the table and tune out – unless that is what you like. Otherwise, come prepared to move and be moved – and have your issue addressed.”
FINDING THE LINK
Faz describes success with a patient who suffered through unrelenting low back pain. “We investigated several possible scenarios and concluded that every time she lifted anything she would clench her jaw to gain strength. We treated her compensating jaw, gave her some low back motor control exercises and her pain resolved within a week.” Empowering the individual patient with the tools necessary to understand the underlying mechanics of their dysfunction is what makes Faz’s approach so distinct.
PLEASURE IN COMPLEXITY
While Faz does find happiness in the simple things like basketball (GO Raptors!), and hiking, he also gets really jazzed to geek out on health optimization, bio-hacking, and neuro-function about which he proclaims, “I pretty much live this stuff.” While some may go cross-eyed thinking about these things, Faz is lucky to share that “My partner thinks I’m special. That’s good enough for me!” 🙂
Forever seeking knowledge, he admits, “The more I learn, the more I find myself understanding that the mysteries of the body cannot be bound by a single health profession. Building an integrative clinic with different types of health professionals who all collaborate to provide a comprehensive care approach has been the greatest and most rewarding challenge of my career.” His vision has brought together a group of skilled, empathic healthcare providers on the cutting edge of medical answers ready to help patients realize their greatest health potential.
Treatments with Faz are covered by most Insurance companies under Registered Massage Therapy. However his style is fairly unconventional. Patients usually wear loose fitting clothes and usually submit a fairly extensive health history and testing protocol.
- Valedictorian/ Graduate of Sutherland-Chan School of Massage Therapy
- Trained in Neurokinetic Therapy, Neurofunctional Acupuncture, Swedish Massage, Thai Yoga Massage, Deep Tissue, Aromatherapy, Lymphatic Drainage, Sports Massage, Shiatsu, Scar Tissue, Myo-Fascial Release and much more.
- Experience in working with several pathologies: Cancer (Princess Margaret Lodge), Central Nervous System Disorders (Sutherland-Chan Clinic), AIDS (Fife House/People with AIDS)
1. Yoga Unite Thai Massage Fundraiser
2. Ryerson Health and Nutrition Fair
3. Toronto to Montreal bike rally for People With AIDS foundation
4. Sporting LIfe 10K for Kids with Cancer
5. Toronto Marlies Hockey Team Post Game Massage
6. Bay Street Hoops Tournament for Kids with Disabilities
7. Toronto Marathon for Princess Margaret Hospital
8. Scotia Waterfront Marathon for Charity
9. University of Toronto Varsity Wrestling Tournament
1. Princess Margaret Lodge: Cancer Patients in active treatment
2. Fife House AIDS Outreach
3. Central Nervous System Disorders Clinic, Sutherland-Chan
4. Seniors Outreach, Loyola Arrupe Seniors Residence