Naturopathic treatment may use to help patients with their problems
Combining botanicals for health support is both an art and a science. Dr. Jennah will choose a combination of traditional and evidence based herbs to best support your specific health care needs. From gentle daily teas, to stronger liquid extracted tinctures and herbal supplements, Dr. Jennah will work alongside you to choose and formulate the perfect herbal treatment.
With an undergraduate degree in nutrition, Dr. Jennah has an in depth knowledge of how to fuel the human body. Naturopathic nutritional services include everything from identifying food sensitivities, recommending specific functional/therapeutic foods, or exploring therapeutic diets (such as the Mediterranean diet or elimination diet) to support you in your goals. Dr. Jennah is also well versed in providing patient with the resources and meal planning supports that they need to succeed.
While nutritional and herbal supplements won’t be the bulk of your treatment plan, Dr. Jennah will often recommend a few expertly chosen options to help you reach your health goals. Dr. Jennah has access to professional grade supplements, which are evidence based, contain highly bio-available ingredients, and provide noticeable therapeutic effect. Don’t guess when it comes to your supplements – let Dr. Jennah guide you on exactly what supplements to be taking for your specific health goals.
ACUPUNCTURE & TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE
Acupuncture is part of the broader medical system of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Acupuncture is used on conjunction with diet, lifestyle, and herbal supports to stimulate the body’s own natural healing processes. The very small and sterile needles are inserted into specific points along the physical body to affect changes both at the point of stimulation and over the entire nervous system. Acupuncture and TCM are particularly useful in supporting patients through fertility, women’s health concerns, and overall stress management.
IVF AND FERTILITY SUPPORT
Acupuncture treatment may also be used pre and post IVF embryo transfer to help support implantation, and improve IVF success rates. Dr. Jennah is able to travel to fertility clinics in the Toronto area and provide this type of acupuncture treatment for both new and pre-exiting patients undergoing fertility treatments. To find out more about how acupuncture can be a helpful addition to your fertility treatments, book a free 15 minute consult with Dr. Jennah.
FOOD SENSITIVITY TESTING
Sensitivities to specific foods, chemicals and allergens can trigger a variety of symptoms including digestive upset, fatigue, joint pain, sinus congestion, asthma, headache and skin problems (among many others). Added dietary recommendations alongside advanced food sensitivity testing helps identify the root cause of your symptoms and guides an individualized treatment plan.
COMPREHENSIVE HORMONE TESTING
Imbalances in sex hormones like progesterone, estrogen, testosterone, as well as thyroid hormones, can lead to a variety of women’s health concerns that may present as fatigue, infertility, PMS, or acne formation. Dr. Jennah offers a variety of blood, salivary, and urine hormone testing that will assist you on the way to getting a diagnosis and targeted treatment plan. Testing is the first step to bringing you hormonal harmony
COMMONLY TREATED CONDITIONS THROUGH NATUROPATHIC TREATMENT
Dr. Jennah has added training, interest, and experience in the following health concerns:
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Painful periods
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Abnormal PAP test results and cervical dysplasia
- Fertility, Pre-conception, and pregnancy support
- Hormonal Acne
- Hypothyrodism and other thyroid concerns
- Anxiety, Depression, and Mental Health concerns
- Digestive health (indigestion, acid reflux, IBS, inflammatory bowel disease)
- Endocrine disorders (adrenal fatigue, diabetes, hormonal imbalances, weight gain/loss)
SPECIALIZED & ADVANCED TESTING
Dr. Jennah Miller, ND offers a variety of functional and interpretive testing as part of her naturopathic practice. While most functional medicine testing is not covered by OHIP, Dr. Jennah is more than happy to counsel patients on the most cost effective and clinically relevant options to guide their diagnosis and targeted treatment plans.
Many of these advanced tests are not available through conventional health care providers. On top of these functional tests, Dr. Jennah also has access to the typical standard blood work and some in office procedures available to family doctors (i.e. typical blood work to assess for infection, vitamin and mineral levels, and chronic disease, pap tests and vaginal swabs, etc.)
Dr. Jennah as access to any of the advanced testing available from the following locations:
If you are seeking added testing that is not listed on our website, but offered by one of these labs, Dr. Jennah would love to discuss exploring this testing with you. You can book a free 15 minute consult to chat further here.
SPECIALIZED BLOOD WORK PANELS
A variety of commonly available blood tests, grouped together to best serve the patient. Targeted towards specific concerns or conditions. For more information on what is tested in each panel, you can visit the LifeLabs website
- Healthy Living Assessment Panel
- Enhanced Healthy Living Assessment Panel
- Nutrient Panel
- Inflammation Panel
- Methylation Panel
- Thyroid Panel
- Autoimmune Panel
- Female Hormone and/or Fertility Panel
- Fatigue Panel
- Liver/Digestion Panel
- AND MORE . . .
FOOD SENSITIVITY TESTING
- IgG Food Sensitivity Testing – 120+ foods as well as targeted food sensitivity testing for vegetarians
- Candida Testing (as an add onto IgG testing or standalone)
- Plasma Hormone Testing – blood testing of sex hormones, thyroid hormones and adrenal hormones
- Salivary Hormone Assessment – Female, Male, and/or Adrenal Panels which assess salivary levels of any number of hormones (Estradiol, estriol, progesterone, testosterone, and DHEAS)
- Four Point Cortisol Curve – Best used to assess for the presence of cortisol dysregulation, adrenal fatigue, low energy, poor sleep, anxiety, and burnout
- DUTCH testing – dried urine testing to assess a wide variety of hormones and their metabolites. Highly comprehensive hormonal assessment for
- Fatty Acid Profile – measuring a variety of fatty acids and their levels in the body (omega 3, omega 6, MUFA, trans fat, etc.)
- D Spot testing – assessing vitamin D3 levels
- Iodine PLUS – assessment of iodine, selenium, cadmium, and bromine levels, all of which play an important role in thyroid function
- Hair and Urine Element Analysis – to assess for environmental and toxic exposures
- GutWell Digestive Stool Analysis – one and three day testing of the tool for ova and parasites
- Stool Testing – assessing for occult blood, infection, or signs of inflammation in the digestive tract
- Celiac disease testing – blood test to identify immune markers of gluten allergy and celiac disease
- In office procedures and testing: pap smear, vaginal swab, and vaginal pH testing for vaginal tract infections and/or cervical dysplasia
- DUTCH Testing – Advanced and comprehensive assessment of hormones and their metabolites via dried urine analysis
Visit prices include all in office treatment and assessment. Any supplements and lab testing recommendations are not included in the visit price.
Naturopathic visits are HST exempt
Meet & Greet Appointment – FREE/15 minutes
Initial Intake – $185/60 minutes
Follow-Up Appointment – $185/60 minutes
Follow- Up Appointment – $135/45 minutes
Follow-Up Appointment – $95/30 minutes
Acupuncture Appointment – $70/30 minutes